Anthro 201 - History and Theory
Anthro 312 - Prehistory of North America
Anthro 330 - Osteology
Anthro 425 - Medicine, Disease, and Culture
The latter two looking to be the more difficult of the four but I mustn't enter with too many preconceptions. This next semester will also be the biggest test for me in terms of degree workload. In the past, I tend to get bored with the electives outside my major, a habit that I hope to dismiss, and end up procrastinating and deemphasizing those assignments. This semester I do not have any outside electives so I will be finally focusing fully on Anthropology, and it will require fortitude and passion. I think I have it.
The close of the year is also a time to prepare for non-profit work next year. Our soccer schedules are beginning to solidify, elections are being held for numerous organizations, and budgets are being approved.
- Boise State Men's Soccer Club looks to have a very good third year. We have lost some seniors but with the replacement of our old coach, we have gain a new group of recruits and the possibilities are looks very wide ranged. We have also lost a very good manager in Jesse Tribby, but gained another good one in Dallas Albretsen. This next year we look to implement more structure and talent onto our squads and I am very confident that staying and Presiding over this club was the correct decision.
- I am currently in the running for Anthropology Club President. I do not know who or if there are any other nominees but for the sake of the club, I hope there is a plethora! Competition is the driving force behind progressive organizations and while I have the utmost confidence in myself, I am also sure there are many out there with skill and innovation in administration.
- If elected I look to expand club membership first and foremost by providing stimulating projects, service, and discussion of everything Anthropological.
- I also look forward to extending our goals and contact with other schools and organizations of the same vein.
- But the most exciting thing will be to work with Dr. Ziker and other Anthropology faculty more closely. Yes, there input is sometimes minimal like their time, but I feel it is a great opportunity for me to enlighten my perspective and take a step forward toward scholastic excellence.
- I was recently offered an opportunity to work with alumnus and student leaders to found a chapter of the Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity in Boise. I am a little sad to say that I am financial and temporally unable to contribute to this endeavor but I do wish it luck as it is an organization founded on philanthropic principles and not completely inebriate ones. Thought I am sad, I am also confident that I made the right decision to stick with Soccer and Anthropology, two large chapters in my life that have only briefly begun.
Final Projects:
I have 3 term papers the finish in order to conclude this semester. Here is the likely direction I am going:
Anthro 200 - Kinship, Social Organization, and Networks: Communalism and Hierarchy: The Aymara Paradox
Anthro 314 - Environmental Anthropology: Pre and Post-Agrarian Reform Subsistence of the Altiplano Aymara
Physics 105 - Stars and Cosmology: Telescopic Evolution, Paradigm Shifts, and Singularity: Necessary Concepts and Foresight (Extra Credit)
I hope to do well and I have but in a substantial amount of effort and research, as best I know how, to do well on these final portfolios. Best of luck to anyone else finishing school, projects, or work before summer!
CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment